Recipes: Puffle Cake
*Ask an adult for help
Healthy Meter: 1/3
You Will Need
- Two 9-inch pans
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cake icing
- ¼ cup white icing
- Food coloring
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/176 C.
- Mix the sugar and butter together until well combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, then add in the milk and vanilla.
- Carefully add in the flour and mix well.
- Grease your cake pans and pour equal amounts of batter into each pan.
- Bake for 35--40 minutes.
- Check if your cakes are done by putting a toothpick in the center of each one. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Take your cakes out of the oven and let them sit on a cooling rack for 5 mins.
- Carefully turn the cakes out onto the rack, and let them cool.
- While you're waiting for them to cool, mix the food coloring into some of the icing. Remember to leave some icing white!
- When cool, cover the top of one cake with jam, and sandwich the other cake on top.
- Cut out spikes on one side of the cake to make it look like puffle hair.
- First, make puffle eyes with the white icing.
- Then cover the rest of the cake with the colored icing. Use a fork to fluff it up to make it look like fur.
- Use chocolate chips to finish your puffle eyes, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce to make the mouth.
- Gluten intolerant? Follow the recipe for the Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake! This recipe also has instructions to make your own icing.